JOB TITLE: Product Manager
LOCATION: Corporate Headquarters, Aurora, OH
REPORTS TO: CTO
This leadership position provides a focal point for bringing new technology products to market by driving the specification, development, marketing, sales, usage, and adoption of new PartsSource products and services. The three primary objectives for this role are voice-of-customer product definitions and beta management to execute the Product Roadmap, product marketing support on capabilities and value, and integration partner development.
As Product Manager, you will increase the revenue of existing products and develop new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems and have the ability to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with application development to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. Cross-functional departments will support your strategic efforts. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical implementation activities to customer usage and adoption.
- Analyzes product, customer, and market data to identify and define: new product opportunities, extensions and enhancements to existing products, and applications of technology to new markets.
- Drives a solution set across functional teams (primarily Software Engineering, Marketing Communications, and Business Development).
- Analyzes, builds, and extends potential partner relationships, including integrations, for the product set.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of all PartsSource products, their features, benefits, and application within the customer environment.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of market conditions and competing products.
- Creates detailed product requirements providing a complete and comprehensive definition of the features and functions of the product suitable for implementation by the software engineering team.
- Acts as primary point of contact to support all product development efforts and ensure efficiency in communications and implementation.
- Performs customer interviews, market surveys, focus groups, and other market research activities as needed to measure market responsiveness to product features and benefits, including beta customer management.
- Develops product launch plans and coordinates all organizational areas through the successful development, launch, and lifecycle management of product initiatives.
- Coordinates the operation of marketing programs to drive product sales, usage, adoption, and user satisfaction.
- Works closely with the PartsSource sales organization to train, plan, and implement coordinated sales and marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Performs demonstrations of products and makes presentations to customer groups about product features, benefits, and value propositions.
- Develops and maintains customer and user contacts in the marketplace to ensure a ready supply of customer references and testimonials.
- Other Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business, marketing, or technical field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years product related experience, preferably within a software environment. Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results-orientation and strong project management abilities.
- Experience working in/leading cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 25%).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and problem solutions.
- Self-driven and motivated to delight customers and business partners.