JOB TITLE: Inside Account Representative
LOCATION: Corporate – Aurora, Ohio
REPORTS TO: National Sales Director
Responsible for daily sales production of assigned accounts necessary to achieve monthly financial forecasts for business unit/company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, etc.
- Recommend changes in products and service by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Basic sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Previous sales/customer service experience a plus.