DEPARTMENT: Business Development
LOCATION: Remote, Nearby major airport
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of new business development and existing customer growth.The objective of this position is to assist the company in achieving its financial objectives by increasing the awareness, understanding and adoption of the healthcare parts procurement processes and solutions.
The expectations also include a high degree of competency in communicating the extensive value proposition to customers, prospective customers and industry experts. The Director of Business Development must be able to demonstrate solution functionality, and exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the entire procure to pay workflow in the hospital provider community, stand-alone diagnostic imaging centers and other third-party providers of care.
This competency must include PartsSource catalog technologies, web & mobile applications, OEM incentives, relationships with integrated solution providers, outsourcing services, joint ventures, and the entire suite of software solutions. A successful candidate will effectively and efficiently achieve the sales targets in an identified territory and will grow the business in accord with the companies’ strategic and financial objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the sales strategy and approach that ensures attainment of the sales goals set forth by PartsSource;
- Meet or exceed the quarterly and annual growth targets;
- Manage the regional pipeline and provide real-time visibility to the pipeline as well as regional business development efforts;
- Effectively work with all areas of the company to ensure that customer expectations are constantly being met or exceeded. This includes but is not limited to: professional services, product development, marketing, and inside sales;
- Participate in marketing events including national and regional meetings, tradeshows, user group events etc;
- Preparation of RFP responses, proposals, and sales presentations;
- Constantly communicate back to PartsSource as it relates to business opportunities, industry feedback, and business development opportunities; and
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly translate corporate vision and strategy into tangible deliverables and return on investment.
A successful candidate will effectively have and/or demonstrate the following competencies:
- A minimum of 5+ years of healthcare solution sales experience;
- The ability to achieve success within information technology, revenue cycle, and/or supply chain services within a healthcare provider environment;
- A consistent, proven track record of sales achievement vs. targets;
- The ability to keep track of new techniques and adoption of industry trends.
- A complete understanding of the healthcare industry landscape and trends such as HIE, EMR, Affordable Care Act, ACO, meaningful use, etc.;
- Solid understanding of the healthcare information technology landscape;
- Understand the value of interoperability and integration between line of business applications (e.g. EMR, ERP, CMMS, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written);
- A strong attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, and self-starter attributes;
- Ability to utilize CRM tools for opportunity tracking, forecasting etc. (e.g. MS Dynamics, Salesforce, LeadMaster);
- Is a consummate team player;
- Is passionate to provide the ultimate customer experience; and
- The willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- BA Marketing or Business or an equivalent combination of education and related business experience.
- 4 – 6 years prior healthcare marketing experience in the healthcare IT environment, or complementary software industry experience selling to senior IT executives and other C-level leaders.