Job Description: Client Advocacy, Marketing Manager
Reports to Director of Marketing
The Client Advocacy Marketing Manager’s mission is to oversee all client marketing and content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior throughout their entire journey. The position collaborates across several functional areas to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job of the Client Advocacy Marketing Manager oversees content marketing similar to a publisher/journalist, leading the development of client stories and content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Ensuring all client success stories and content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and markets in each vertical across particular persona groups.
- Supervising writing, editing, content strategy and be an arbiter of best practices grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics and make recommendations based on those results, and revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing content.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Work closely with company’s brand standards on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The Client Advocacy Marketing Manager is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group.
Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- A decrease in sales/buying cycles.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Expertise in business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
PartsSource is a high-energy, high-performance, rapidly-growing company. The Client Advocacy, Marketing Manager needs to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated and requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In essence, the Client Advocacy, Marketing Manager is the corporate storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- The ability to lead creative resources and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Incredible people skills with the ability to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.