Reporting to the Director of Biomedical Products, the primary role of the Biomedical Product Specialist is to engage decision-makers and business leaders of potential and established customers to drive awareness and rapid adoption of the existing biomedical product line offered by PartsSource. This position will be 95% internal and the candidate will need to have a proven record in sales performance and growth.
The Biomedical Product Specialist provides first line support to external customers. This includes answering product capability questions, cross-selling capabilities to customers in adjacent modalities, and providing consultative recommendations to transfer the customer from their current supplier to the total PartsSource solution. Success in this area will require applying sound product knowledge and broad communication skills to increase revenues and gross margin within the biomedical product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively advance biomedical sales through the existing customer lists and warm leads generated by the Lead Generation Specialists;
- Ability to sell over the phone to multiple levels of customers;
- Increase biomedical product revenues in the assigned sales territory;
- Navigate the internal hospital/IDN environments to reach decision makers;
- Cross-sell and up-sell adjacent product lines;
- Efficiently deliver the PartsSource value proposition;
- Ability to evaluate the needs of biomedical engineers and department managers and then meet those needs through the existing PartsSource product line;
- Accurately update customer records with relevant information (contact names, titles, etc.);
- Schedule meetings and presentations to organizational leadership;
- Execute strategic sales plans as defined by the Director of Biomedical Products;
- Support sustainable sales growth through ePartsFinder adoption and utilization; and
- Work with the regional business development manager to achieve overall performance goals.
As successful candidate will effectively have and/or demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to simplify complex concepts
- The ability to professionally interact at the manager and/or director levels;
- The ability to create and deliver a compelling value proposition
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written);
- A strong attention to detail;
- Passionate to learn and grow professionally;
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, and self-starter attributes;
- Is the consummate team player;
- Is passionate to provide the ultimate customer experience; and
- The willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant business experience preferred but not required;
- Advanced biomedical product knowledge through training or on-the-job experience;
- Proven ability to sell to a customer base over the phone; and
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)