JOB TITLE: A/P Specialist
LOCATION: Corporate – Aurora, Ohio
REPORTS TO: A/P Manager
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for providing financial and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Match invoices to receiving documents.
- Scan and process all invoices and credits into our document management system.
- Post invoices into the finance system.
- Generate accounts payable and refund checks.
- Research vendor statements, phone calls and discrepancies.
- File paid and unpaid invoices and statements.
- Organize and match returns paperwork.
- Process check requests insuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good with basic math.
- Able to work in team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains helpful.
- Associate’s degree (A. A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 years previous experience.