Apply for this position
The Successful Candidate will develop effective information technology solutions by creating or enhancing PartsSource’s internal applications. Applies fundamental concepts of software engineering and application development methodology in a team environment. Determines innovative solutions after analyzing business and functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Develops tests, maintains, and documents system software.
- Defines and enforces software engineering best practices.
- Analyzes business, functional and systems requirements to ensure customer delight.
- Executes test procedures according to plan and identifies problems; performs unit and integration testing for functionality and limits; performs bug verification, release testing, and support for assigned products. Writes module-level implementation and test specifications; tracks key activities.
- Performs 3rd party product and hardware evaluation, including planning, installation, testing, and technical support.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level to support the tasks assigned to the department.
- BS or BA in computer science or related technical field is preferred, or a corresponding number of years experience in Information Systems or Application Development.
- At least 8 years of experience with software development with an emphasis on accomplishment.
- Mastery of C# with a broad understanding of the .NET framework.
- At least 4 years of relational database development with DB2 experience preferred.
- Familiarity with dependency injection, unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand, relate, and effectively communicate with the organization.
- Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and systems software operations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate on problem solutions.
- 2+ years of development in WPF.
- 2+ years of development in WCF.
- Experience integrating with workflow engines (WWF preferred).
- Experience developing solutions in an agile environment.
- Test-driven development.