Apply for this position
The Pricing Business Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the business pricing strategy and the establishment of a pricing structure and processes to deliver improvements in pricing/margin dollar performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Expand the SmartPricing business using proven techniques to increase revenue, margin, and frequency.
• Plan and execute a pricing strategy based on strategic areas of opportunity.
• Work with Sales and Finance to develop and validate forecasting and budget guidelines.
• Develop, support, and maintain effective price reporting/monitoring tools.
• Provide the business with relevant, actionable, and strategic pricing analysis based on quantitative analysis with solutions to manage underperforming products.
• Provide a comprehensive Canadian pricing solution and a cost/benefit/risk analysis of development and implementation.
• Participate in promotion planning with Marketing and provide forecasts on the potential impact to our business.
• Define, present and/or integrate “pricing discipline” suggestions for the enterprise as a whole.
• Participate and lead pricing related projects and identify areas of opportunity to initiate projects.
• Develop and implement a program to train the organization on pricing elasticity, value selling concepts and pricing optimization.
• Ability to organize and prioritize complex demands to meet enterprise deadlines.
• Detailed orientated with strong time management skills.
• Ability to present ideas and concepts at a high organizational level.
• Ability to work independently while keeping stakeholders informed.
• Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of ten years of business experience across pricing, marketing and/or finance in related field.
• Advanced experience in pricing required.
• Experience in Six Sigma or like qualification preferred.
• Proven track record of self-improvement.
• Specialized training in Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).